Monday, July 27, 2009

I Am

I am from a place of great leaders,
like "yes we can" and the land of Lincoln.

I am from a place where the foods are rich in taste,
and the cultures are diverse.

I am from a place that is flat, windy, and called "the Hulk",
of lakes that flow.

I am from a people who endures, and are strong.
I am from a people who believes his eye is own the sparrow,
and he is on time, which gets them through those valleys.

I am my mother's daughter, and
I am my father's child.

I am greatness.
I am love.

I am going places I never been.
I am going forward and never backwards.

I am of a place... of a people.... who just keeps going.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I love the sense I get from reading about Chicago, especially. Pittsburgh seems similar-- the working, industrial, blue-collared people, who make the world go round are also some of the most genuine and kind people that you will ever meet!

    ReplyDelete

Responding to written work in an online environment requires extra care with respect to language. Please re-read a response before you post it. Thanks!