Forgive
by,
Lisa Davenport
by,
Lisa Davenport
I cannot forgive
Forgive you, for what?
Where were you?
“I love you…you’re beautiful…you’re smart”
Words never heard
Forgive you, oh no!
Tainting our futures because you lacked
Putting him first and us last
Your selfish ways, forgive I think not
You wonder why I look at you with hate
I cannot forgive
And will never forget
Is it my words that hurt?
But these words don’t lie
I cannot forgive, I won’t forgive
For what?
Where were you?
To read to me…
Love me…
Encourage me…
Forgive and forget, I think not!
Forgive you, for what?
Where were you?
“I love you…you’re beautiful…you’re smart”
Words never heard
Forgive you, oh no!
Tainting our futures because you lacked
Putting him first and us last
Your selfish ways, forgive I think not
You wonder why I look at you with hate
I cannot forgive
And will never forget
Is it my words that hurt?
But these words don’t lie
I cannot forgive, I won’t forgive
For what?
Where were you?
To read to me…
Love me…
Encourage me…
Forgive and forget, I think not!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Responding to written work in an online environment requires extra care with respect to language. Please re-read a response before you post it. Thanks!