I Am Man…I Am Woman
by,
Henry Narbay & Lisa Davenport
I am man
I am woman
I have no curves
I am built with curves
I am a provider
I am a nurturer
I am reserved with my thoughts, my needs, my wants
I am expressive with my thoughts, my needs, my wants
Tell me I am appreciated, I am needed and I’ve done well
Tell me I am beautiful, I am smart, I am sexy
With effort and time, I develop friendships
With ease I bond and develop lasting relationships
You say I don’t talk enough
You say I talk too much
Sometimes my responses is driven by reason
Sometimes my emotions drive my response
I am expected to dominate
I am told to submit
My dominance is regarded as my strength
My submissiveness is viewed as a weakness
This strength is my weakness
This weakness is my strength
I am a man, without you I am alone
I am a woman, without you I will perish
by,
Henry Narbay & Lisa Davenport
I am man
I am woman
I have no curves
I am built with curves
I am a provider
I am a nurturer
I am reserved with my thoughts, my needs, my wants
I am expressive with my thoughts, my needs, my wants
Tell me I am appreciated, I am needed and I’ve done well
Tell me I am beautiful, I am smart, I am sexy
With effort and time, I develop friendships
With ease I bond and develop lasting relationships
You say I don’t talk enough
You say I talk too much
Sometimes my responses is driven by reason
Sometimes my emotions drive my response
I am expected to dominate
I am told to submit
My dominance is regarded as my strength
My submissiveness is viewed as a weakness
This strength is my weakness
This weakness is my strength
I am a man, without you I am alone
I am a woman, without you I will perish

No comments:
Post a Comment
Responding to written work in an online environment requires extra care with respect to language. Please re-read a response before you post it. Thanks!